Bradley IFVs with anti-tank missiles, self-propelled and towed howitzers, rockets for HIMARS, Sea Sparrow air defense missiles, tens of thousands of artillery rounds, and even more will arrive in Ukraine.
All this incredible assortment of weapons and military equipment was announced yesterday evening by the US Department of Defense. By the way, this is also the record-size military aid package for Ukraine, which is worth more than $3 billion.
A part of these arms and ammunition will be directly supplied from the stocks of the US Army.
The most notable items from this list are new armored vehicles. The number of them is quite large. For example, Ukraine will receive 50 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles with large ammunition reserves. These vehicles will have their standard anti-tank missile launchers. 500 TOW anti-tank missiles and 250 thousand rounds for their 25 mm automatic gun cannons are also included.
Additionally, the Ukrainian Army will obtain 100 tracked M113 APCs (armored personnel carriers), 138 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs), and 55 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs).
All these numbers and items are impressive in their own right. But there’s even more.
The US also provides 18 units of 155mm self-propelled howitzers in a combo with 18 ammunition support vehicles. The type of these howitzers was not announced, but according to preliminary media statements, these should be M109A7 Palladin artillery guns. In addition, there will be 36 units of 105mm towed howitzers.
As usually, the list of military assistance includes a wide selection of ammunition for the newly delivered weapons and those already in service with the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Apparently, the Pentagon decided not to play with small numbers and counted everything in tens of thousands. For example, the package includes 70 thousand 155mm artillery rounds, 1,200 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armod Mine (RAAM) systems, 95 thousand 105mm artillery rounds, 10 thousand 120mm mortar rounds, 4 thousand Zuni aircraft rockets, and 2 thousand anti-armor rockets.
More advanced projects are also coming to Ukraine. These include missiles for M142 HIMARS, and RIM-7 Sea Sparrow air-defense missiles. Pentagon did not provide exact numbers of these munitions.
Ukrainian soldiers will also receive sniper rifles, machine guns, small arms, ammo for grenade launchers, night vision, and optics equipment. Spare parts and field equipment will be included, too.
The complete list of the provided items with this round of the military assistance package announced by the US Department of Defense can be found below:
- 50 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles with 500 TOW anti-tank missiles and 250,000 rounds of 25mm ammunition;
- 100 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
- 55 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs);
- 138 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
- 18 155mm self-propelled Howitzers and 18 ammunition support vehicles;
- 70,000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 1,200 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
- 36 105mm towed Howitzers and 95,000 105mm artillery rounds;
- 10,000 120mm mortar rounds;
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- RIM-7 missiles for air defense;
- 4,000 Zuni aircraft rockets;
- Approximately 2,000 anti-armor rockets;
- sniper rifles, machine guns, and ammunition for grenade launchers and small arms;
- Claymore anti-personnel equipment;
- night vision devices and optics;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.