It can be difficult to find a good – and we mean really good – streaming service deal at times. But, with heaps of Black Friday deals already available ahead of the big day on November 25, Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) has got in on the act and slashed a massive 80% off a subscription for HBO Max.
Right now, new and returning customers in the US can snap up an HBO Max subscription for just $1.99 per month at HBOMax.com (opens in new tab) for three months. The offer is also available via the Apple Store, Google Play, Amazon, and Roku devices. Potential buyers can also learn more about this deal by booting up their Xbox, PlayStation, LG, and VIZIO devices and heading to their respective online stores.
This offer is only available for a limited time, with the deal running until Monday, November 28. So, if you’re considering purchasing a subscription at this price, you’ll need to act fast.
Not in the US? Scroll down for similar streaming deals in your region.
Today’s best Black Friday HBO Max deal
Considering a typical HBO Max subscription costs $9.99 a month, this is a ridiculously cheap price to pay for one of the best streaming services around.
There’s plenty of genuinely brilliant content to enjoy on HBO Max, too. From the best HBO Max shows, such as House of the Dragon and Succession, to the best HBO Max movies like The Batman, all of your streaming needs will be fulfilled by signing up to WBD’s primary streamer. At less than $2 per month, the amount of prestige TV and fantastic films available isn’t to be sniffed at.
There are a couple of catches with this deal, though, that you’ll want to know about before you purchase a subscription. This price is only available for HBO Max’s ads-supported tier, which means you’ll have to deal with ads every so often. If you’re someone who doesn’t want enforced ads breaking up your streaming sessions, you may want to think twice about signing up.
Additionally, the $1.99 per month price point is only available for the first three months of your HBO Max subscription. After that, it’ll cost the usual $9.99 a month – but you can always cancel your subscription before February to ensure you don’t start paying $10 every month to continue using it.
More Black Friday streaming deals
No matter where you live, you’ll find all the lowest prices for similar streaming services from around the web right here, with offers available in your region.
More Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, AirPods, clothing & toys (opens in new tab)
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: down to $199 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, Laptops & iPads (opens in new tab)
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- Christmas trees: prices starting at $38.99 (opens in new tab)
- Dell: laptops from $299.99 (opens in new tab)
- Gift ideas: 40% off holiday gifts from Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Home Depot: 50% off tools & appliances (opens in new tab)
- Lowe’s: $750 off appliances, decor & tools (opens in new tab)
- Macy’s: coats, sweaters & boots from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Overstock: 70% off decor and furniture (opens in new tab)
- Nectar: up to $500 off mattresses + free gifts (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom: 50% off UGG, Nike & The North Face (opens in new tab)
- Samsung: $2,500 off TVs & appliances (opens in new tab)
- Sephora: 50% off makeup, perfume & gifts (opens in new tab)
- Target: 45% off toys, TVs, Keurig & more (opens in new tab)
- Toys: 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart (opens in new tab)
- Ulta: up to 50% off makeup, hair & perfume (opens in new tab)
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: 60% off toys, TVs, vacuums & laptops (opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: up to 80% off sitewide, + free shipping (opens in new tab)